Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finished: Tatted Bookmarks!

Since I'm new to tatting I decided to start small and make bookmarks! There are lots of free patterns to try online so I had a lot to choose from. I started off making one from a book I bought Learn to Tat by Janette Baker. This book teaches you how to shuttle tat but it also has some easy patterns to practice with so I made the bookmark but instead of using the shuttle I used a needle. I used Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread size 10 Burgundy with a size #3-0 needle. The knots are a little loose since this needle size is supposed to be used for size 5 thread. But it was only a practice one. I will probably make another using a size #5-0 needle next time. 
The second is the stumpy bookmark created by Kersti. You can find this pattern here. She has a lot of other cool bookmarks on her website that I really want to try. I actually made mine a little longer by making two clovers in the middle instead of one.  I used Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread size 10 with a size #5-0 needle using the color Blue Hawaii. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...