Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Fo Friday: Polar Bear, Owl, & Monsters!

Its FO Friday again and I have four cuties to show this week. I can't believe how fast the days go by. Next week is Halloween and in no time it will be Christmas. 


Well the first is a cute polar bear! I'm actually really excited to show ya'll this little guy because I didn't actually make him....my mother did! She loved seeing all the cuties I make and asked me to show her how to make one. I thought since it was her first time making amigurumi that a bear was the way to go. She crocheted all the parts. She is an expert crocheter by the way and was the one who taught me to crochet. So her stitches are absolutely perfect. It was easy teaching her to make amigurumi. The only thing she doesn't like is sewing so I did that for her.


This second animal I love. Its a super cute owl. This is the third time I make this animal but the first time it looks almost like the sample from the pattern. I've always had an issue with putting the face circles where they are supposed to go but this time I think its right. I almost don't want to sell him but he will be up for sale when my shop opens which by the way I think will be sometime next month!


So like I said at the beginning of this post next week its Halloween. I still haven't entered anything into the Freshstitches Halloween Cal but I did start the 10 free monster patterns and this is the first one that's finished! Doesn't look very halloweenish but I like him.


The last project of the week is this cute monster. The second of the 10 free patterns. This one was a little complicated because the three antennas are held up with pipe cleaners and its the first time I use them for an amigurumi but I think it turned out good. If there was one thing I would change on this monster, I would have made it eye black and not pink. 

Well that't it for today. I am currently working on four more monsters and hopefully they will be done in time for Halloween. Have a Great Weekend!

Check out more FO's on Tami's Blog!

8 comments:

  1. What is it about the owls? They are always my favorite. All of your creations are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an expert hooker! Each project looks so full of life. Your mum did an excellent job on that polar bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all amazing! I love the bear, it is the cutest! Your crochet is very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pipecleaners in the antennas - they look great and they really pop the up nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom's bear is gorgeous! All your cuddlies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely amigurumis! My favorite is the three-eyed monster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all, especially the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just LOVE the owl and polar bear. Your Mom did a fab job - and way to spread the fever ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...