Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013!

This year has been amazing for me, on a personal and professional level. I feel like it went by super fast! Maybe it was because I always had so many things I needed to get done that I felt like I didn't have enough time. I'm definitely happy with all I accomplished this year and hope that next year is even better!

Professional
So what happened in 2013? Well the main thing is that I started designing my own patterns. I wasn't really planning to it just happened and now I have 12 patterns available for sale. I also started making tutorial videos to go with my patterns. I am really behind on these but I'm hoping to catch up in the next couple of weeks. Last year I only made 2 sales on Etsy. This year I made 13! I know its not a lot but I'm still happy about it. I have to admit I focused too much on the patterns and didn't really add many new items to the shop.

Personal
There were 2 main things that made this year awesome. This year my first niece was born! She is the cutest baby and I love being an aunt. I also got to travel to Paris, France and it was amazing. I'm hoping to do some traveling next year too!

2013 Goals
So which goals from last year did I accomplish? NONE! I'm not surprised really. 
I started with a huge list of goals that were shortened it the following:
Use up stash yarn
I must admit I bought a ton of yarn this year but I also use up a lot of yarn both from my stash and the newly purchased one. I definitely want to continue to use up my stash since I have no more room for yarn. 
Make a total of 120 amigurumi
I only made 89. 
Stay Organized
It happened at times but not always. I really need to get oragnized again so I'll probably do that in January just like I did last January.
Learn 4 new crafts/techniques
I tried out Tunisian Crochet and Broomstick Lace. I learned how to knit nupps and I tried out blocking for the first time. I also learned to read knitting charts!

2013 Projects
Projects started: 160

Projects finished: 115
Here are some pictures of my finished projects this year. This year I'm only sharing a couple instead of all of them.

89 Stuffed Animals,

7 Shawls, 


10 Baby Bibs, 1 washcloth

 2 Scarves, 1 Cowl, 1 Cell phone cozy, 1 Baby Blanket, 1 Baby Toy, 1 Pichu Costume(not pictured), & Crocodile Stitch Boots (not pictured)
UFO's: 45
My main UFO is my army of tiny owls!

Goals for 2014!
I've made a list of goals for the new year:
1. Get Organized
2. Use up stash yarn
3. Make 1 shawl a month.
4. Release 2 new patterns a month
5. Make more items for myself.
6. Add at least 5 new items to the Etsy shop a month.

New Year Pattern Sale!
Get 20% off any 2 or more patterns until January 1st at midnight EST. No coupon needed. Excludes e-book.
And I just released my newest pattern Franklin the Frog


1 comment:

  1. Your collages are great sums of what you've accomplished in 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...