Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Knitted Dishcloths

    I never really thought about making dishcloths before but after reading online several opinions about them I decided to give them a try and now I can't stop making them. I bought a cone of Sugar' n Cream in white. Its 100% cotton and from the research I did its perfect for dishcloths and its what most people like to use. As of right now I made six out of the cone of about 700 yards. The small ones have 100 and some yards depending on if its solid or variegated. I like making these because like most people say its a great way to try out new stitches. The ones I did on these six are not complicated but I hadn't tried them before. I got them from the book 400 Knitting Stitches by Potter Craft. The ones I made are about 7.5 inches wide by 7.5 inches high.   
Double Parallelograms Stitch
Diagonal 4 (to the right) Stitch
Interupted Rib 1 Stitch
Alternating Rib Stitch
Basket Weave 3 Stitch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...