Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wip Wednesday 5.3

This week I have been mostly focusing on finishing up my second pattern which I am planning to release at the end of the month. Here is a sneak peek...any guesses on what animal it is?

I also finally got around to practicing knitting with beads. I bought Laura Nelkin's class on the subject and have really enjoyed watching it. I finished the Pioneer Cuff which is the first project but I still need to block it. I'm already thinking of making more.
And of course I have already started my own bead stash. I found a bead store in a town about an hour away and got my brother to take me on Sunday. There was a Mother's Day sale going on so I got a few more than I would have otherwise. They had a nice selection of colors so I think I may be going back. 

In case you missed it, I released my first pattern last week. Emilia the Elephant!


 

Don't forget to come back for Finished Object Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love your elephant! I like how you did her ears. Knitting with beading is fun. I like how easily it can add a little sparkle and femininity to a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant is adorable! I haven't knit with beads before, but it is something I want to try. I used to make a lot of friendship bracelets and other beaded accessories when I was in high school...those beads become addictive...much the same as my yarn is now...hmmm... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elephant! The first picture makes me think of a spider's leg for some reason lol.

    Lovely bead stash you've got there. My first beaded knitting was a Fragile Heart shawl which was rather daunting! I think your cuff is a much more sensible idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think next month is the month I try knitting with beads, Yours looks great. And I already have a headstart on the bead stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stuff! The elephant is adorable! I have yet to try knitting with beads. But it looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your elephant is adorable!
    I've been knitting a shawl with beads and they are addictive:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty beads! They are always fun to look at. The cuff looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emilia is lovely!

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-88/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...