Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

FO Friday 3.1

Its Friday, March 1st!! I can't believe its March already! I'm excited but I have a lot of things I need to get finished this month. For a list of this month's goals check out the bottom of the post!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANNOUNCEMENTS

Quick announcement tomorrow is the last day of Slug Week. After tomorrow slugs will be $20. If you get them now its like your getting free shipping! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FO's

First up today is this little duckling. Its the second one of the month. I made this one using a darker orange for the beak and feet.

Second it was my nephews 1st birthday party this past Sunday and I made him a special amigurumi. Okay so my parents were both born in Mexico and most Mexicans love soccer, including myself. Well most of my dad's family is from Jalisco, Mexico and we are all fans of Las Chivas Rayadas del Guadalajara. The mascot is a goat and I bought the freshstitches goat pattern last year during a sale and finally decided to make it. And of course it had to have the team's uniform. The shirt's have red and white stripes and the shorts are navy blue. I really loved how it came out and almost wanted to keep it for myself but I'm sure I will make another one in the near future. :)

Last but certainly not least, I sent out my package for the Classified Cupid swap we are doing in the Freshstitches ravelry group and my person got it on Wednesday! Which means I can finally share with you all what it is! A RAINBOW MONKEY! I love it! I was unsure about how it would look but I'm glad I kept going with my original plan and I think he looks amazing! And Susan who he now belongs to loved him so that makes me very happy. What do you all think? Do you like him?

And speaking of secret packages. I was so surprised when my package from my cupid arrived also on Wednesday! I really had no idea what I would get so when I saw this cute flower I was super excited. Its one pattern I have yet to make so it will make a nice addition to my craft room. My cupid was Nicole (ScarvesEtc) and she truly did an amazing job. I also got a couple of baking goodies which I hope to use soon! Thank you Nicole! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
February Wrap-Up

And of course since its a new month that means its time for the February Wrap-Up! 
This was completely unintentional but I completed a total of 19 projects just like last month!
Of course this time the types of projects completed were different.

I finished:
1- Knitted Shawl
1- Tunisian Crochet Washcloth
1- Crocheted Ripple Baby Afghan
& 16 amigurumi!


One of my goals for 2013 is to make a total of 120 amigurumi. I have made 23 so far meaning I still have 97 to go and 10 months to complete them. Meaning that as long as I continue to make 8-10 a month I will accomplish my goal. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goals for the Month

Its National Crochet Month so I thought it would be a good idea to only crochet this month. No knitting or any other hobby that doesn't use a hook. So here are my goals:

1. Finish my Entrelac Baby Blanket
2. Finish my Broomstick Lace Scarf
3. Make 10 Freshstitches amigurumi from patterns I haven't made before
4. Make Mom's birthday present

I am really happy I actually accomplished all my goals from last month so hopefully this month I'll do the same. 

Have a great weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember to come back for WIP Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Really great finishes, I thought the goat was my favourite until I scrolled further down and saw the rainbow monkey, now I'm just in love with him. He is soooooo cute. Looking at your wrap up you've had a great February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest goat mascot ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your animals, but I especially love how personalized the goat is and how much fun the monkey is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The goat looks terrific! That is a perfect gift for your nephew. The slugs make me smile every time. The monkey has a 70s vibe and is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. como hago a la chiva del guadalajara? :c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...