I finished the Freshstitches Bat that I was testing. I really like it and its so fast to make. You can tell the mouth doesn't look all that great. I have really no experience with embroidery so I did what I could. I undid it a couple of times and this was actually the best one and I decided to just leave it. It doesn't have to be perfect right? I happen to have an embroidery book because its on my to do list to learn how to do it so that helped me out with his mouth. I really like the wings. I would have never thought to make them like that but they look really good. I'm not so sure if I should have gone with these colors but I think over all they look ok. :)
Yesterday I had a lazy day and didn't crochet at all so I didn't finish the seahorse but my goal is to finish him up for next week. I think that the reason its taking me longer than usual is that there is 22 rows with slip stitches and after making Slithers the snake that has over 150 rows of slip stitches I don't really feel like making them anymore. Slip stitches are really simple and easy to do but the problem for me is that I am a very tight crocheter and its hard to get the hook through them. My solution is to make them looser but its easier said than done. But anyway I can't wait to have my finished seahorse so the sooner I get through those couple of rows the better. Plus I am super excited that I am going yarn shopping tomorrow at my LYS! I know I really shouldn't because I have so much yarn already but this yarn is going to be for stuffed animals I will be selling on my etsy shop (coming soon). This means I need to finish what I have before starting any new projects. At least that's what I want to do so I don't have too many things going on at the same time.
I will be posting this Sunday about my new method of storing yarn and crochet thread using a ball winder and some new storage boxes I bought last week for anyone who is interested.
Have a great weekend!
|Check out more FO's on Tami's Blog!|