Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Yarn!

 Yesterday I did a little shopping and got a couple of things I am really excited about. First up is the yarn I bought. I was at my LYS and decided to try some new yarn. I got Berroco Vintage which is a blend of 50% acrylic, 40% wool and 10% nylon. Its very soft and I started crocheting with it and it works up really well. I did notice that while the lady at the store was winding them into balls she had some trouble with two of them. She actually ended up getting a different green one because there was an issue with the first one. 


While working on my pink dragon last week with Cascade 220 superwash I noticed that using a size H hook was probably not the best idea because the holes were a little too noticeable and I didn't want stuffing coming out. So I went to one of the craft stores here in town (there are 5 of them) and bought a size G. I love the color of the hook too! I can never just get one thing and while looking at the books I found this one Around the Corner Crocheted Borders by Edie Eckman. It has 150 borders and most of them are easy enough that I thought it would be perfect for adding borders to my baby blankets. Meaning I will probably end up doing another baby blanket soon! 


The last thing is that I finally placed an order on Knitpicks! I decided that it was time and got a couple of things. I got the ball winder because you can't really beat the price $19.99. I read mixed reviews about it but I decided to give it a shot. I also got the scale. My brother usually lets me use his scale but he is moving out next week and I really need to get one. Again the price was what convinced me to get it. I got some locking stitch markers and got some yarn to try out. I got Comfy in fingering and sport weight, Shine in sport weight and Cotlin in dk weight. I am really excited and can't weight for it to get here. 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I've been looking at KnitPicks' ball winder.. You'll have to let me know how you like it! I really haven't seen a better price than that anywhere!
    The yarn you got is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Pretty yarn and items! I hope you'll share with us your review of the winder and scale :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...