Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Amigurumi: Woodland Animals

Ok so I get obsessed with different craft items very easily. This month had been all about tatting until I was looking online for craft books. I have been wanting to learn to do Amigurumi which is basically crocheted stuffed animals for a while now and I found a couple of books I really liked but decided to go for the Crocheted Softies by Stacey Trock because they were big stuffed animals. I decided to look her up to see what else I could find about her stuffed animals online and I found even more stuffed animals. She sells her patterns so you can make your own, she sells already made stuffed animals for those who don't crochet, and she also sells kits that include a pattern and the yarn you need to make the stuffed animal. She has a couple e-books and another book Cuddly Crochet which I will be getting very soon.
For those who don't know about Craftsy.com its a website where you can find tons of patterns and take classes for different crafts. They have classes for knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, and even gardening. Stacey Trock teaches two classes on that website for $14.99 which I thought was a good deal because it includes four patterns that you can only get by taking this course. She teaches how to make a blue bird, a bear, a deer, and a raccoon. The course is called Amigurumi: Woodland Animals. She also has another class in which she teaches you how to make your own creations. I started taking this class a couple days ago and have finished crocheting two of the animals, the blue bird and the bear, all that's missing is the eyes. I highly recommend anyone wanting to learn Amigurumi to take this because she teaches all the things you need to know in order to do it and she gives helpful tips. I'm glad I took this class because now that my book has arrived I am prepared to make all of the animals. I am currently working on sewing and stuffing the animals. If you are interested in learning more about Stacey Trock and her stuffed animals you can find her in all the following: On ravelryetsycraftsytwitterfacebook and her website.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...