Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

FO Friday 2.3

This FO Friday post will be a short one. I only finished one item since last Friday. If you read my WIP Wednesday post you already know I was sick so I didn't get a chance to work on a lot. 

I'm happy to report that I have made some progress on my mom's shawl that I had to undo a huge part of because something went wrong. I'm almost at the point where I will be changing the pattern so hopefully I get it right this time and I finish it this weekend. 

I also had some time to work on my secret classified cupid project. I'm almost done so I'm planning to finish it up this weekend and ship it off to its new home on Monday. If I accomplish this the person would get it on Wednesday or Thursday which means I may be able to finally share it for next FO Friday. I'm interested in seeing the reactions from others about it because its so different from anything I've done so far. 


Lastly I'm so excited I am learning a new craft. Craftsy.com is having a Valentine's Day sale and I got 2 new classes. One on learning how to spin yarn on a spindle and the other on Tunisian Crochet. I won't be able to spin yarn just yet because I need to buy the materials but I can learn about Tunisian crochet in the meantime. I'm actually really glad I got the class taught by Jennifer Hansen who is an excellent teacher. I already took her Broomstick Lace class which I also recommend. Anyway I managed to finish the first project for the class a cloth and I learned two new stitches. I already knew how to make the simple stitch. It was also perfect timing to work on this since next week I will be starting my Entrelac crochet baby blanket which is worked in Tunisian Simple Stitch. 


The last thing for today is my finished pink slug. I didn't win the Cal but that's really no surprise since the winner's slugs were amazing so it doesn't feel like a loss. :) Anyway here she is.


Oh and one more thing, I got a package in the mail on Wednesday. Its the second package from the Freshstitches Kit Club. My slugs are curious to see what's inside but I won't open it until I finish my classified cupid project. So maybe I will share in progress pictures Wednesday.

Okay so maybe the post wasn't that short after all. :)
I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day and thank you all for the get well wished in my last post. I'm feeling so much better.
Have a great Weekend!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember to come back for WIP Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. I really need to spend some time on Craftsy. A lot of people have said they enjoy the online classes/tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your slugs. They are adorable. I'm curious about the box too. Secret packages are always so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get over to Craftsy and check out their classes. I've heard so many great things about them, yet I haven't gotten on board. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects! My favorite are the slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your slugs are fun. Always a thrill to receive yarn in the mail. So is that square from Tunisian crochet?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...