Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crochet Thread!!

I just went shopping for Crochet Thread!! I love how the Aunt Lydia brand has come out with so many colors now. I remember when I was younger they didn't have so many colors to choose from. I'm glad that they do now. I use these for crocheting obviously but also for tatting. They are all size 10 which is a good size to start with when learning to tat.  The only problem I find with these is that they are really big and I can't think of a good way to store them. For now I just keep them in this basket. Any suggestions on good storage ideas please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. What I did was cut some branches from a tree in my yard (or you could buy some wooden dowels). The ones a bit thicker than a pencil are good. Trim off any stray branches or buds. Find some free closet space, tie two or three pieces of butchers string into a large loop-securing the top over the clothes rod before securing the knot. Then put the crochet thread onto the branch, and hang the branch on the butchers twine and loop the butcher's string on each end (and the middle if the branch is flimsy). I found cutting the branches to about 3 feet long is best as I can easily take the thread off I want without having to take off too many adjacent balls.

    You can cut the butchers twine to different lengths allowing you to hang several branches 'on top' of each other maximizing the vertical space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...