Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Knitted Baby Shoes

More baby shoes! I love baby shoes because they are made in such a sort amount of time. Here I have a couple I have been working on. They are all for a baby boy except for the bottom right one which has some pink in it. All of these can be made for girls by changing the color. I used Bernat Softee baby yarn on all except the top middle green ones which are made with Caron Simply Soft. The stitches I used were garter, stockinette, moss, and 1x1 rib.  Below is a closer look at them.
These are made with basic stockinette booties with a moss stitch border. They are a green color even though the picture doesn't really show it too well. I really like this type of boot because it has all the parts clearly defined. You start from the top and work your way to the bottom. The only thing about these booties that I don't like is that you have to pick up stitches along the side of the center which takes up more time. Other than that I really like how they turn out.

I love this style of shoe. Its definitely the one I like to make the most and this color combination I really liked. I like how its so simple to make and really quick. Much quicker than the one above. You can make these a solid color but I prefer using two. They are supposed to be similar to sneakers so I still need to add shoe laces as a finishing touch. I have only done these in garter stitch but I'm thinking about trying other stitches. So you will probably see more of these soon.
These I'm not too sure whether I really like them or not. They are similar to the ones above but since I made them using the stockinette stitch you can see the decreases more clearly than above so its important to be careful and make sure they look right. Since I knit in an uncommon way its a little harder to do increases and decreases but I managed to make it look somewhat right. I think I am going to keep trying these to see if making them another way helps them look better. Even though I don't dislike them completely I just think they need a little something to be perfect.  
This is the other form of making the basic booties. This style was the first I learned to make because its the type my mother taught me how to do. This form is made from the bottom up. Its much simpler than the one at the top because you don't have to pick up stitches. On these I used three different stitches: stockinette for the sides, garter for the center, and rib 1x1 for the top. The only difference you can notice is the bottom. The one at the top has a square bottom and these have an oval bottom. 
This is the newest form of making a baby shoe that I learned. By far its the easiest form of making baby shoes that I have learned. I used garter stitch and I really like how they look. I still need to add something to add more detail. I did add a crochet border on top to give it a more finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...