Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hairpin Lace

A couple months ago I bought the book A Complete Photo Guide to Crochet. At the end of the book there is a section all about specialty crochet methods. One that quickly caught my attention was Hairpin Lace. Reading through it, it didn't seem to be to hard but I was still a little confused so I decided to look it up on YouTube and found several tutorials. I learned from Esperanza Rosas. She is a woman from Peru and if you understand Spanish I recommend you looking at her page. She has tons of tutorials on all kinds of things. You can also go to her website here. But even if you don't speak Spanish there are still many other videos that teach this so you will probably find one that works for you. First of all you will need a Hairpin Lace tool. These are some of the ones I found. The first is from the brand Boye, the second from Clover and the third from Susan Bates. I have the Susan Bates. You will also need a crochet hook and will need to know how to do a single crochet and that's it.  I begun working on a project using this techquine which I will talk about in this post.


1 comment:

  1. And how do you this hairpin http://dekor.net.ua/zakolki/zakolka-dlya-volos-angel/ hand-carved from wood

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...