Announcements

New Pattern Release:
Henry the Hedgehog now available!

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finished: Scarves


   Here are some of my scarves for the winter season. I actually like making scarves but I usually don't wear them unless its really cold outside but its always good to have a couple different colored ones to go with many outfits! The first 2 I made with the brand I love this Yarn sold at Hobby Lobby. I used Light Sage on the first and Peacock on the second. 

This pattern is from The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting by Margret Hubert.
It's called Airy Garter Stitch. I had seen a couple of scarves online using this stitch and really liked it so I decided to make myself one. I love how it knits up so fast and its really easy to do. I also love this yarn because its really soft which is important to me especially when its something that will have contact with my skin.
The pattern used on this one is the dotty pattern from 50 Fabulous Knitted Lace Stitches by Leisure Arts. As you can see the fringe is curled up which was unintentional but I actually really like how that looks. This scarf is a little wider than I usually like them but I love how the pattern turned out. If I make another one using this pattern I will definitely make it thinner. 
On this one I used a brand of yarn sold only at Joann. It's the Rainbow Classic from Sensations in the color Turquoise. The pattern was originally for a baby blanket in the book Our Best Knit Baby Afghans by Leisure Arts but I made it into a scarf. I really like how this pattern looks and the color is very pretty. This yarn is a little different than what I am used to but it is really soft which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...